Plum Powder Pouch
- Brand: FreshlyDried
- Product Code: Pouch resealable 6 oz (170g)
- Availability: 31
Contains no artificial flavors or sweeteners.
Our Freshly Plum powders are perfect to make juices, smoothies, desserts or to compliment any food.
Suggested serving tips:
For juice: Mix 1 tablespoon of powder for each 3 oz of water and sugar to taste. Makes 8 fl oz. Serving per bag 5.
For desserts: Add powder to taste
Or simply use powder to compliment any food like milk, cereals, yogurt, milk shakes, ice screams, sauces, etc.
Plums prove to be good laxatives and are good for the digestive system. The vitamin C and phenols in the fruit has antioxidant qualities, which look after the eyes and prevent macular degeneration; boosts immunity; improves cardiac health; and, protects against cancer.
Plums are rich in antioxidants, which provide protection from the superoxide anion radical. These antioxidants also prevent damage to our neurons and the fats that are part of our cell membranes
Some of its brilliant health benefits:
- Fiber: Plums are an excellent source of fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and lutein and zeaxanthin, pigments that help take care of your vision.
- Vision: You should eat at least three or more servings of fruit a day as it can lower your risks of age-related macular degeneration which is the main cause of poor vision or vision loss in older adults.
- Antioxidant: Eating plums mainly at the peak of its season is a delicious way to include many different phytonutrients to your diet. They also contain a unique type of antioxidant that is very effective in neutralizing free harmful radicals.
- Boost energy: Plum are very nutritious and contain healthy amounts of potassium, Vitamin A, Magnesium, Iron and fibres which keep us healthy and energetic.
- Platelet clotting: Plums also help in absorption of iron in the body. This fruit has the ability to prevent platelet clotting which might lead to diseases such as Artherosclerosis, High Blood pressure, Stroke and Coronary Heart Disease.
- Liver: Plums help prevent constipation as it improves gastrointestinal and liver function and thus can prevent constipation.
- Lose weight: It helps get rid of toxins from our body. Due to this you tend to lose weight naturally.
- Fatigue: Plum also contains citric acid that can help fight and prevent fatigue and muscle cramp. Plums have important minerals, especially certain minerals that act like natural tranquilizers which help calm and soothe the nerves.
- All you need to do to achieve this is ensure that you have at least 5 to 6 plums in your daily diet and it will help solve the symptoms of fatigue in a week.
- Other Benefits: It has been effective to a certain extent in controlling the growth of cancer cells in the breast as it has certain phytonutrients that have the ability to do thisIncluding a banana (or two) in your diet everyday would take you a step closer towards getting your daily recommended dose of potassium.
This article was contributed by Aparup Mukherjeet.
* This information is solely for informational purposes. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. Neither the Editors of Freshly Dried, the author nor publisher take responsibility for any possible consequences from any treatment, procedure, exercise, dietary modification, action or application of medication which results from reading or following the information contained in this information. The publication of this information does not constitute the practice of medicine, and this information does not replace the advice of your physician or other health care provider. Before undertaking any course of treatment, the reader must seek the advice of their physician or other health care provider