Mamey Powder Pouch
- Brand: FreshlyDried
- Product Code: Pouch resealable 6 oz (170g)
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Contains no artificial flavors or sweeteners.
Our Freshly Mamey powders are perfect to make juices, smoothies, desserts or to compliment any food.
Suggested serving tips:
For juice: Mix 1 tablespoon of powder for each 3 oz of water and sugar to taste. Makes 8 fl oz. Serving per bag 5.
For desserts: Add powder to taste
Or simply use powder to compliment any food like milk, cereals, yogurt, milk shakes, ice screams, sauces, etc.
Mamey, sapote (Zapote) is an excellent source of nutrients such as potassium, iron, copper, niacin, folate and pantothenic acid that are important for health living because they involve in different metabolic processes in our body as cofactors to the enzymes.
Some of its brilliant health benefits:
- Antioxidant: Mamey has great quantities of antioxidant vitamins such as vitamin A and C. Vitamin A is important for eyesight and for keeping healthy skin and mucus membranes. Frequent consumption of organic fruits that are abundant with vitamin A protect our body from oral cavity and lung cancers.
Vitamin C is useful for our body to combat contagious disease and it behaves like a scavenger for damaging free radicals.
Constipation: Mamey is one of the riches sources of dietary fiber.helps relieve constipation and shields the mucus membrane of the intestinal tract from cancer causing toxic compounds by strongly binding to them.
- Antibacterial, antiviral and anti-parasitic: The Mamey (zapote) is full of antioxidant poly-phenolic compound. In addition, it contains many medicinal properties.
- hemostatic, anti-hemorrhoidal and anti-diarrheal remedies: those are some of the properties of this delicious fruit
- Increased Immune Function
- Reduced Risk of Colon Cancer
- Protection Against Heart Disease
- Alleviation of Cardiovascular Disease
- Alleviation of Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Osteoporosis Protection
Mamey is believed to be an antiseptic, and is also eaten to help calm an upset stomach.
This article was contributed by Aparup Mukherjeet.
* This information is solely for informational purposes. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. Neither the Editors of Freshly Dried, the author nor publisher take responsibility for any possible consequences from any treatment, procedure, exercise, dietary modification, action or application of medication which results from reading or following the information contained in this information. The publication of this information does not constitute the practice of medicine, and this information does not replace the advice of your physician or other health care provider. Before undertaking any course of treatment, the reader must seek the advice of their physician or other health care provider