Coconut Powder Pouch
- Brand: FreshlyDried
- Product Code: Pouch resealable 6 oz (170g)
- Availability: 237
Contains no artificial flavors or sweeteners.
Our Freshly Coconut powders are perfect to make juices, smoothies, desserts or to compliment any food.
Suggested serving tips:
For juice: Mix 1 tablespoon of powder for each 3 oz of water and sugar to taste. Makes 8 fl oz. Serving per bag 5.
For desserts: Add powder to taste
Or simply use powder to compliment any food like milk, cereals, yogurt, milk shakes, ice screams, sauces, etc.
Some of its brilliant health benefits:
- Weight management: Coconuts are rich in medium chain triglycerides, a type of dietary fat that is known to trigger weight loss due to the speed with which our bodies metabolize them. Studies showed that medium chain triglycerides convert into free medium chain fatty acids and monoglycerides during digestion two substance that our bodies use immediately rather than store as fat. Medium chain triglycerides are known to curb hunger more effectively than long chain triglycerides (found in rich foods like meat and cheese), preventing us from overeating and reducing our calorie intake over time.
- Cardiovascular health: The high amounts of medium-chain triglycerides in coconuts have also been linked to improved cardiovascular health. Weight-loss studies show a noticeable reduction in total cholesterol and harmful LDL cholesterol concentrations. So, if you suffer from high cholesterol, adding more coconuts to your diet could help stabilize it.
- Brain Function: One serving of fresh coconut meat provides us with 17 percent of our recommended daily intake (RDI) of copper, an essential trace mineral that activates enzymes responsible for the production of neurotransmitters,chemicals that our brains use to transfer information from one cell to another. Copper rich foods like coconut can help shield us from age related cognitive decline. Studies shows that the oil in coconut meat can help guard nerve cells from protein plaques, which contribute to the progression of Alzheimer's.
- Dietary fiber: Excellent source of fiber, one cup of coconut meat contains 7 grams of dietary fiber. People know that fiber sweeps the intestinal tract and can help treat constipation, studies show that fiber-rich diets also reduce our blood sugar, guard us from diabetes, boost our immunity and as with medium-chain triglycerides lower the levels of LDL cholesterol in our bloodstreams. In fact, coconuts are one of the best foods that we can eat for maintaining blood health.
Other Benefits: Coconuts are mostly comprised of fat, their mineral profiles fall short of other tropical fruits. That said, coconuts do contain respectable levels of potassium, iron, phosphorous, magnesium, zinc and the important antioxidant selenium. Additionally, one serving of coconut meat also supplies us with 60 percent of our RDI of magnesium, a mineral that facilitates numerous chemical reactions in our bodies and in which a huge number of us are unknowingly deficient
This article was contributed by Aparup Mukherjeet.
* This information is solely for informational purposes. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. Neither the Editors of Freshly Dried, the author nor publisher take responsibility for any possible consequences from any treatment, procedure, exercise, dietary modification, action or application of medication which results from reading or following the information contained in this information. The publication of this information does not constitute the practice of medicine, and this information does not replace the advice of your physician or other health care provider. Before undertaking any course of treatment, the reader must seek the advice of their physician or other health care provider