Mango Wafer Bar
- Brand: FreshlyDried
- Product Code: 1 Box 4.23 ounces (10 wafer bars - 10g per bar)
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Freshly Mango wafer bar*
No preservatives, no sugar added
100% NATURAL, 100% FRUIT, ORGANIC !
VITAMINS ! CONVENIENT ! FLAVORFUL ! HEALTHY ! LOW IN CALORIES !
Mangoes are abundant during the summer season. Mango is widely known as the "king of fruit", and that is not without a purpose. It is regarded as a valuable item of diet and a household remedy. It is rich in amino acids, vitamin C and E, flavonoids, beta carotene, niacin, calcium,, iron,magnesium and potassium.
There are many varieties of mangoes, our mango powder is made with variety Ataulfo. One studio reported in March 5 2010 issue of Jounal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry suggest that mango may help fight cancer. Dr. SusanneTalcott, a food scientist at Texas AgriLife Research in College Station, says in terms of anti-oxidant power the mango does not come close to the blueberry, acai or pomegranate. The mango has four to five times less anti-oxidant capacity than an average wine grape. Nevertheless, Talcott and her husband, Dr. Steve Talcott, tested mango polyphenol -- substances linked to good health -- extracts in the lab on colon, breast, lung, leukemia and prostate cancer cells. The researchers found the mangoes had some impact on lung, leukemia and prostate cancers, but were most effective on the most common breast and colon cancersNoratto G.D. and colleagues from Department of Nutrition and Food Sciense at Texas A&M University in Collegue Station Texas tested anticancer activity of polyphenolic extracts from several mango activities including Francis, Kent, Ataulfo, Tommy Atkins and Haden in colon cancer.
Some of its brilliant health benefits:
- Anti cancer: The phenols in mangoes, such as quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat, as well as the abundant enzumes, have cancer-preventing capacities. Mango is also high in a soluble dietary fiber known as pectin. Scientist have identified a strong link between eating lots of fiber and a lower risk of cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. A cup of sliced mangoes (around 165 gram) contain 76 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin C, a potent antioxidant which helps protect cells from free radical damage and reduces risk of cancer.
- Eye health: One cup of sliced mangoes supplies 25 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin A, which promotes good eyesight.
- Helps in digestion: Mangoes contain digestive enzymes that help break down proteins and aid digestion.
- Helps in diabetes: Mango leaves help normalize insulin levels in the blood.
- Beneficial for anemia: Mangoes are beneficial for pregnant women and individuals suffering from anemia because of their iron content.
- Boost memory: Mangoes are useful to children who lack concentration in studies as it contains Glutamine acid which is good to boost memory and keep cells active.
Nutrition Values of Mango Wafer Bar
* This information is solely for informational purposes. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. Neither the Editors of Freshly Dried, the author nor publisher take responsibility for any possible consequences from any treatment, procedure, exercise, dietary modification, action or application of medication which results from reading or following the information contained in this information. The publication of this information does not constitute the practice of medicine, and this information does not replace the advice of your physician or other health care provider. Before undertaking any course of treatment, the reader must seek the advice of their physician or other health care provider.